Unibet which was founded in 1997 by Anders Ström, and now part of Kindred Group, one of the largest online gambling companies in the world. The gaming platform, Unibet, is geared to design easy platforms for players to deposit, play and withdraw. They are focused on the European market, and have operating licences in Malta, the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Australia, Romania, and Estonia.
The company is also focused to maintaining a local, approachable and informed customer service. Plus, it aims to provide the broadest sports betting offers available. This includes fixtures and niche sports. The company is also obliged to share its knowledge and insights to help players to make educated bets. Plus, Unibets is focused on ongoing innovation. This approach has led the company to reach over 15.8 million customers from over 100 countries.
The Unibet group marks itself as a company that offers client centric products to the market, since as they put it, they create games which are designed ‘by players, for players’. The types of online games include sport betting, as well as casino, poker and bingo games in 20 different languages to more than 100 countries.
Range of online gambling products, such as sports betting, live betting, casino, poker, lotteries, bingo and soft games through the Group’s web sites. The full list of sports always offered by Unibet are: American football, athletics, bandy, baseball, basketball, boxing, cricket, cycling, cycle-cross, darts, football, football, futsal, golf, handball, horse racing, ice hockey, martial arts, motorsports, rugby league, rugby union, snooker, tennis, trotting, volleyball, water polo and winter sports. They also offer special sections for specific events, such as the London 2012 Olympics. Unibet does offer a live section and it’s not dissimilar to the one on offer at 888sport – we’re pretty sure they run on the same software. Down the left hand side you have all live events currently taking place and in the middle panel of the screen you have a live scores box with limited game stats and the live odds as well. The live section is accessed by clicking on the ‘Live Betting’ tab in the toolbar left.
The Unibet in play features live streaming, which 888 don’t currently support, so it outscores them. You can see the schedule by accessing the Unibet TV link in the left hand menu bar on their website.
The good points:
• Large range of betting markets
• They operate on a low margin, roughly 4% which is good for punters
• They offer their Asian Handicap betting
• They offer live in play betting
• Different payment options available
• No withdraw fees
• Award-winning website that is user-friendly,
The bad points:
• Although there is a live chat and email support service (provided in English, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Belgium (Dutch or French), Finnish and Romanian), they lack a phone number. Plus, the response times are long
• US, Portugal, and Canada based customers are not accepted
• The company is known for closing winning players’ accounts and freezing their wins as they investigate.