Our publishers get paid quickly, via Paypal. We require prepayment from most customers and can pay you once per week for all posts that have gone live during that week. We’ve no interest in delaying payments, nor in chasing clients to pay us. There are off course certain bluechip agencies we work with – and marketplaces, who pay us 2 weeks after delivery. In these cases, we cover you with the cashflow from our business so you don’t have to wait.
Keep in mind that generally, our affiliates take a 20% commission – and bluechip agencies have a markup of up to 100%.
More volume from exclusivity – how it works:
We work with a few hundred agencies who are either affiliates or buyers. When you go exclusive with us, we disclose your site name to them and they propose it to their clients. Obviously without exclusivity we don’t share site names with them – and volume is much lower.
We pay you quickly, from our cash flow even if we wait for payment at our end. However, if a client does not pay and a post went live, you agree to credit/refund us for the payment – and we’ll delete the post.
You decide the price. In our experience, having a low price when your site is below DA60 helps to increase the content volume – but not too low. Having a high price works on niche markets, but limits content growth. (Our strategy is to make it reasonably affordable for businesses to fund your growth by letting us write properly researched, long articles that pull in more organic and news traffic)
Examples of sites in the DA 50/60 range:
News site 1: DA55 (Sells for $45 – agencies sell for $150 including content writing)
News site 2: DA60 (Sells for $55 – agencies sell for $150 to $200 including content writing)
Biz News site 3: (DA60) (Sells for $100 – agencies sell for 250 including content writing)
Elasticity and volume based on pricing in mass agency markets:
General, broad category news sites have the following typical sales in a month:
(a) 90 X articles @ $45 ($4050)
(b) 200 X articles @ $25 ($5000)
With high-end pricing they tend to sell:
(c) 12 X articles @ $100 ($1200)
(d) 8 X articles @ $200 ($1600)
The moment your site passes the DA70 / 1M traffic range – these rates can double or triple.
Our commission model – EXCLUSIVE:
Based on whatever price you charge us, we add the following charges:
+20% for our affiliates (or agency kickbacks if they require that from us)
+10% for Sitetrail
+5% for three-way Paypal fees (covering our affiliate payouts, clients and payment to you)
add $50 writing & editing fee (750-1000 Word article)
We’ll support whatever pricing you choose. Although you decide your “sweetspot” pricing but remember: – c & d are more dignifying prices, but a & b leads to mass adoption by agencies – and snowballing of your on-site content and subsequent traffic.
Our commitment to exclusive partners:
- 100% Compliance with your written publisher policy.
- We will always pay you for any content placed – and do so quickly.
- If we set up an author profile, they will never be able to publish content themselves.
- We will boost your EAT rating – and give you free authority links to grow your DA
- Provide you maximum market exposure with the worlds’ biggest content agencies and all our clients
What we require from you for an exclusive deal:
1. Editorial policies so that our content can comply 100% with your wishes. Tell us when is a DO-Follow link OK, when is a NO-Follow mandatory; Tell us what type of content we accept or what to decline. Our own editors will study this and be up to speed, so that you do not need to do any editing;
2. Admin-level access to WordPress: To boost your EAT rating, we will create new, legitimate sub-author profiles and will be transparent with you about it.
We will also publish the new client posts automatically and keep you updated. (You can audit us daily to be 100% sure about our transparency)
3. A link from your “contact” and “advertising” page to our vendor landing page where clients pay and order the content – we will make these changes and submit it for your approval.
4. Agreement that you will not sell guest posts to anyone, including SEO agencies, advertisers who whoever. ALL these inquiries for native/editorial paid content directed to Sitetrail, who will ensure the content complies with your policies – and will oversee the entire process. You will limit your paid ads to Pay per Click and Display networks. Existing agencies you deal with, will also be referred to Sitetrail and informed that they will now prepay for any orders.
Non-exclusive pricing & terms differ in the following way:
- You decide on a flat rate you charge any resellers, tell us that price and we’ll keep you on file.
- We add a much bigger markup. We will sell your posts in “unnamed” packages where we don’t need to disclose your domain name upfront. This is to protect us against advertisers who might contact you directly to cut us out the loop.
- We send you a word document with guest posts – you need to upload the content and send us the live links prior to payment.
- We will provide you with a significantly lower volume of orders compared to what we provide our exclusive partners with for the reasons explained.