In this AHRefs review, we will be honest and frank about the abilities of the tool, which is a reasonable option in the market. I will say outright that our preferred option is SEMRush.
What is AHRefs?
In its simplest form, AFRefs is a widely used SEO tool that assists in increasing a website’s Google ranking. The SEO software suite contains a multitude of useful tools that aid in link building, keyword research, rank tracking as well as site audits, and competitor analysis. Most of the features inside the software suite are designed for professional use.
The company does state on their website that the tool is suitable for novice as well as expert professionals, however in order to reap the full benefit of the product you do require a degree of in-depth SEO knowledge.
Search Engine Optimization is a term that digital marketers have become synonymous with. The tool works to help online sites gain more web traffic by increasing their online visibility. This can be done by utilizing keywords, carefully constructing marketing content, Google AdWords, and social media ads.
SEO is made up of numerous elements and when implemented correctly the tool can turn a business around by increasing leads and converting them into customers. Whilst the concept to increase web traffic may sound simple, the behind-the-scenes work can be tricky for those who are not acquainted with the system.
In fact, due to the constant change in trends, even digital marketing experts have trouble staying updated at all times. This is where the implementation of SEO tools comes into play. There are countless options available and they vary in features, performance, and price. In this article, we will be reviewing AHRefs.
Who is AHRefs For?
According to the company’s webpage, Facebook, Adobe, Linkedin, Netflix, and Uber are some of the well-known major organizations that utilize the software. These bigger companies naturally reap greater benefits by using the software’s premium package, however, it does show the caliber of clients that the software has.
This by no means limits the software to large companies, AHRefs has tailored a tier of pricing packages for small, medium, and large businesses. This means that anyone can utilize the tool to grow their online presence. We would recommend the tool for SEO professionals as some of the key features are likely to be confusing for users who are unfamiliar with the various digital marketing concepts.
AHRefs Key Features
AHRefs works as a paid SEO software that gets integrated into your digital marketing plan. The software is known for providing a wide range of features, some of which are exclusive to the tool itself. AHRefs works as an all-rounder and provides users with data and metrics from their website as well as the sites of competitors. This can prove useful to avoid users missing any gaps that their competition might be benefiting from.
Here is a list of some of the platform’s key features:
- Site Explorer
- Domain Comparison
- Rank Tracker
- Keyword Explorer
- Content Explorer
- Link Intersect
- Batch Analysis
- SEO Toolbar
Cost of AHRefs
Ahrefs’ pricing will depend entirely on the plan that you wish to choose. The software works out more cost-effective if users go for the annual billing option as opposed to the monthly payment plan.
Plans come in the following options:
- Lite- This is the cheapest option and includes a 7-day trial for which users will be charged a nominal fee. The package is basic and designed for just one user.
- Standard- This is the most popular package and comes with the same trial option as the Lite package. Whilst it still only allows for one user, the package includes more options than the above starter.
- Advanced- This package is designed for 3 users and does not come with a trial, but does offer greater benefits than the first two packages.
- Agency- This can be used by up to 5 people and like the Advanced package, users do not get a free trial. Whilst this package does cost significantly more than the previous options, it is still cheaper than if you had to add on the extras individually.
All packages allow for extra users and features for an additional fee; however, it is important to carefully consider your needs before deciding on a package to avoid paying more than is necessary.
Advantages of AHRefs
- Whilst most SEO tools only provide metrics and data for Google, AHRefs supports ten different search engines. This includes Google, YouTube, Amazon, and Bing.
- The tools “SERP overview” report allows users to compare the projected monthly organic search traffic to the present high-ranking pages
- AHRefs allows users to gain access to updated backlink graphs on a daily basis. This allows users to keep track of their personal link acquisition pace in comparison to that of competitors
- The “Top Subfolders” report provides useful insight into your competitors’ website structure. It also indicates which sections of their website are generating the most search traffic from a specific country.
- The Keyword Explorer tool goes beyond the norm with search volumes by displaying the projected number of clicks on search results. This can come in handy when trying to evaluate whether or not a keyword is in fact worth utilizing.
Disadvantages of AHRefs
- The tool is not very beginner-friendly and can be overwhelming for a first-time user.
- The company charges users for their 7-day trial whereas most SEO tools provide free trial periods.
- Since the cost of the tool is rather pricey, one would assume that they would provide a greater variety of free tools.
Conclusion On AHRefs
The tool is a great addition to any digital marketer’s arsenal, however, it may prove difficult to use for beginners. The software is in no way is a substitute for an online marketing professional and works best in conjunction with other SEO tools. Overall the software is great and provides unique insights that will prove useful in upgrading your SEO strategies and improving web traffic and conversions.
Whilst like all other software tools, AHRefs does have its drawbacks but these can easily be compensated for when you look at the tool holistically. If you have the budget and a certain degree of SEO knowledge, then AHRefs will undoubtedly be a useful addition to your marketing team. I’d say that using SEMRush is probably the best option for now: