Google News serves as a vital source of information to more than 330M people each month. Channel partnerships provide your brand with the unique opportunity to target your most ideal audience based on their interests and to build a relationship with them over time. This comes at a fraction of the cost that brands pay big media owners to achieve precisely this objective.
Be seen as part of the hottest news trends everyday of the week
The fastest way to bypass conventional SEO, drive traffic and boost digital PR
How do channel partnerships work?
After setting up your corporate news profile, capable of directing traffic to your site or designated assets, we do the following on an ongoing basis:
Step1: Our research team works closely with editorial teams to share insights on audience interests.
Step2: Contributing journalists are then assigned with breaking news topics to research and report on.
Step3: News articles are then prioritized for fast distribution to reach your audience.
Your brand appears as the author/contributor of the news, from where readers can choose to visit your website or be directed to content that will serve to introduce your company to them.
Frequently asked questions about this service:
[toggle title=”What representation options are available for participating brands?” state=”close”]
Our news channels offer a flexible approach to channel partnership. We appreciate that different brands would like to engage with audiences in unique ways. Participating brands can gain visibility and traffic in the following ways:
- News author profile: Our news contributor will act as your assigned staff member so that your brand name appears in every article – even articles that are about your biggest competitor!
- Permanent company profile: Within the participating news site, your company page will contain a branded profile, with videos of your services, company news and service offers.
- Banners: A video or banner can be embedded on each article that is created by your brand.
How this translates into traffic and brand awareness:
A targeted reader of a news article will see your profile each day they read related industry news. They will at some point decide to investigate it by following the link – since your brand message will chip away at them daily (relying on the principles of remarketing). The link can take the reader to one of several designated places:
- Your company website
- A permanent company profile on the news site
- Your company Linkedin or Facebook page (where audience building is an objective)
[toggle title=”Highly targeted: How interest-based targeting works” state=”close”]
Insight driven: By understanding your buyer personas and the trends that appeal to them, our news team works to create authoritative news content they will love.
We reach way beyond buyer personas, into content that relates to your competitors too. This, combined with buyer-targeting, will do the following:
- Position you as the industry expert when people evaluate news about the competition
- Intercept competitor search traffic at critical points to serve your brand message.
[toggle title=”Google News ranking explained” state=”close”]
The following are facts concerning Google News ranking:
- Website metrics are irrelevant in determining which articles Google will prioritize
- The richness and depth of the content is a key factor (hence we consistently outrank CNN and CNBC)
- Recentness and freshness of content plays a bigger role than the name or prestige of the source
- SEO ranking has absolutely nothing to do with Google News ranking
- Google News results are often displayed ahead of ordinary search (organic) results
Due to the above, excellent Google News pitching can instantly bypass the long wait when dealing with the area of competitive SEO, which can take several months to produce results.
[toggle title=”Content examples: industry and competitive targeting” state=”close”]
Example 1: Cloud services – Microsoft Azure
Microsoft has a channel partnership. Each time there is news about their competitors: Amazon Web Services, new start-ups, Google cloud drive or any news targeted at chief technology officers who make the buying decision, the news is shared by Microsoft Azure. Their branding is therefore displayed alongside ALL major industry news, including that of their competitors.
Taking this a step further, the channel can also share education needs to intercept those who are interested to study a cloud engineering course, thereby developing an early phase to the funnel.
Example 2: Travel & Tourism – Hilton
Hilton has a channel partnership, releasing news about high-end travel destinations in 80 countries. They also cover events. Each time delegates search for event information in preparation, whether that be weddings, corporate events or international affairs, Hilton is seen to be covering breaking news – and is therefore first in line to be considered when a purchase decision or evaluation is made.
There are several more examples of how the above principles can be applied to your industry – as content innovators, this is what we do best at Sitetrail!
[toggle title=”Comparing the ROI to Forbes, Entrepreneur, CNN and CNBC” state=”close”]
News companies like Forbes, Entrepreneur, CNN, CNBC, Mashable, TechCrunch and various others rely on GoogleNews for a substantial proportion of their traffic. Much of the benefits experienced from a highly effective news pitch on these sites is derived from their GoogleNews presence. However, they use their social follower numbers and site traffic levels that often pertain to UNRELATED visitors to increase their perceived value with advertisers and news partners.
We have learned the following in working with numerous client examples over the years:
- The average ROI improvement of a channel partnership is 700% over mainstream channels.
- Several mainstream NEWS channels are over politicized and can have a negative brand impact.
- For the price of ONE news release on CNBC or Mashable, clients can do 45 releases on other news channels that are listed on Google News, thereby outperforming them substantially.
[toggle title=”Content strategy explained” state=”close”]
Most of the time, one authoritative, informative article of 2500 words will gain more attention than 100 small articles of 250 words, where the total word count is 25 000.
In reality, for certain topics and breaking news headlines, there is not much more than 250 words available – as more news is often awaited. For this reason, our content specialists will work at achieving a variety of content: some will be substantial, authoritative articles, whereas others will be short, punchy titles.
The objectives may therefore vary between:
- Attempts to outrank the biggest names in the media with more authoritative content
- Attempts to merely capture some market share for trending topics where little is known
In either case, fake news is certainly not a strategy as we seek to preserve editorial integrity and brand perception.
or commit to a bigger, scaled plan now:
Sign up now for an exclusive news channel partnership